Division Commissioner Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities (from the R.S.A. Soccer Rule Book)
The function of the Division Commissioner is to oversee and supervise the operation of a playing division.
Some of the duties, task, and responsibilities required of the Divisional Commissioner include:
- Assist the League Commissioner during registration - 4 hours on a Saturday
- Team formation within the division, including finding coaches if needed - 1 to 3 hours per season
- Conduct preseason coaches meeting and establish conferences - 45 minutes per season
- Building division / conference schedules and their distribution - 1 to 3 hours per season
- Determine Sportsmanship winners - 5 to 15 minutes per week
- Monitor games in progress
- Schedule makeup games - 5 to 30 minutes if needed
- Tabulate game results and maintain standings (if applicable Under 9 and above) - 15 to 30 minutes per week
- Maintain equipment assigned to the division (nets, flags, bags, keys, etc.) if asked to
- Recommend disciplinary action against coaches, players or parents if needed
- Work with the Referee Assignors and keep them informed of schedule changes and canceled games - 0 to 15 minutes per week
Usually commissioners do not run the age group that their child plays in.
Please contact any of the Board Members for further information.